Frequently Asked Questions
Many flat-bed trucks hold up to 45,000 pounds.* According to the specification-weights of our tiles the following calculations apply:
- Spanish-S Profile Tiles
- 5.72 pounds per piece
- x 448 pieces per pallet
- = 2,562 pounds per pallet
- = 17 1/2 pallets per truck 0r 67 squares per truck
- Flat Profile Tiles
- 6.16 pounds per piece
- x 546 pieces per pallet
- = 3,363 pounds per pallet
- = 13 1/2 pallets per truck or 76 squares per truck
*Note: Load limits vary by truck make & model, as well as by State and local municipality ordinance.
*IMPORTANT: It is your responsibility to check with your vehicle manufacturer and State and local government, to ensure you comply with vehicle and roadway loading limits, rules and ordinances.
The lead time will vary according to the color or your requested order. Some colors are readily available, and in stock in our distributors’ yard. In such cases there is generally no lead time. (Check our product portfolio to see which roof tiles are readily available). If your color it is not stocked in the United States, it will take about 4-6 weeks for delivery. For custom colors, please contact us to receive a forecasted lead-time for delivery of your roof tiles.
- Spanish-S Profile Tiles: Each pallet carries 448 individual roof tiles.
- Flat Profile Tiles: Each pallet will carry 546 individual roof tiles.
Tettogres has been successfully operating for over 30 years. Our desire is for your roof to look as beautiful as the day you bought it for the rest of your lifetime. You may always order a small amount from our distributor. There are no minimum order requirements. Estimated delivery times will vary according to the availability of the style and color roof tiles you order.
If your shipment arrives broken, or is not correct, it is your responsibility to contact the distributor you purchased it from, or our Tettogres U.S. offices, IMMEDIATELY, to report the problem.
Note: All order problems must be reported within two working days from receipt of your shipment.
- Tettogres Ceramic Roof Tiles have much lower water absorption (~ 6%) than concrete tiles, which have absorption rates of roughly 13%. The absorption rate greatly impacts the visual appearance of your roof since humidity and rain absorbed by the roof tiles enable formation of mildew and fungus, which consequently require maintenance. Higher absorption rates in concrete tiles compromise the visual aspects of your roof, and its functionality, since they exhibit considerable weight increase with rain, further compounding the naturally heavier material weight.
- Tettogres Ceramic Roof Tiles are highly impermeable due to the non porous ceramic finish. This enables us to offer you a virtually maintenance-free roof. Concrete tiles, on the other-hand, must be pressure washed frequently to look good.
- Tettogres Ceramic Roof Tiles are very resistant to cracking and fading due to the high-performance of the minerals we use, as well as our advanced, single-firing baking process. Slurry concrete roof tiles are widely known to crack and fade, due to their higher water absorption rates and exposure to the Sun, weather and and other natural elements.
- Tettogres Ceramic Roof Tiles weigh much less than concrete tiles. Depending on the tile profile,
- Concrete tiles weigh about:
- 820 lbs/square for flat-profile tiles
- 1,100 lbs/square for spanish-s profile tiles.
- Tettogres tile counterparts, weigh only:
- 585 lbs/square for flat-profile tiles
- 660 lbs/square for spanish-s profile tiles.
- Tettogres tiles’ reduced weight bears a significantly lower load on your building and roofing structure.
- Concrete tiles weigh about:
- Tettogres’ advanced production process enables us to offer you a wide variety of different colors and finishes – at the same price. Across the U.S. roofing industry, this value-feature is only available with Tettogres roof tiles. Manufactures of concrete and clay alternatives, charge varying, and often premium prices, for the option to select color.
- Tettogres guarantees our roof tiles for a SIXTY-YEAR LIFETIME. Concrete roof tiles are typically guaranteed for only 25% of time time, or 15 years.
According to our Miami-Dade NOA, Tettogres ceramic roof tiles are to be installed as follows:
- Single patty adhesive-set systems: 3M 2-Component Foam Roof Tile Adhesive AH-160
- Nail-on-Systems: #8 Screw